Why Consider Exporting?
- Exporting enables companies to diversify their portfolios and to weather changes in the domestic economy.
- Reduced dependence on the domestic market
- Diversified sources of revenue
- Extended sales potential and product shelf life of existing products
- Stabilized seasonal markets and sales fluctuations.
The opportunity is so great that simply doubling the number of Small- and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) that export to 2 percent worldwide would result in approximately US$400 billion in additional exports and approximately 2 million jobs.